Your skin is silky smooth and hair-free since having electrolysis in Milford NH. Although you’re feeling like a million dollars, the process isn’t over! Now that your treatment is complete, post-care is essential. Taking extra special care of the treated area, especially within the first 48-60 hours following a procedure is a must. In this article, we’ll provide you with a few helpful tips to follow after your electrolysis session.
After your hair removal treatment, you may experience one or more of the following normal skin reactions for up to 48 hours. Don’t worry, these are normal!
- Pinkness or redness of the treated skin
- Slight swelling of the area
- Sensitivity to touch
- Pin dot crusting or small scabs may appear on treated body areas. If this occurs on the face, please consult your electrologist.
- Immediately following treatment, your skin may itch. Try to avoid scratching this area.
After you have electrolysis in Milford NH, there are a few things you should avoid for 48-60 hours:
- Do not rub, scratch, or squeeze the treated areas.
- Cleanse the area with 70% alcohol or witch hazel for 3 days.
- Apply a thin coating of antibacterial/antibiotic cream or ointment to the area for at least 3 days after treatment.
- Do not apply any non-medicated cosmetics, including moisturizers with “acids” as an ingredient, to the area during the healing period.
- Do not have a facial, dermabrasion, chemical peel, etc. for at least four days before or after an electrolysis treatment on the face.
- Avoid direct sunning for at least 48 hours after treatment, including tanning salons.
- If the underarm has been treated, do not use deodorant for at least 48 hours afterward.
- Do not wear constricting clothing on treated body areas while healing.
- Most importantly, hands off the treated area!
With over a century of use, electrolysis Milford NH has proven safe, with no adverse side effects. No other hair removal methods can claim such universal success. However, remembering to take good care of your skin after a treatment is crucial to success and comfort. For more information, contact Nashua Electrolysis at (603) 888-3803 today!